Thursday, January 04, 2007

New.........

2007. The opportunity to start again. So what will be new for me in 2007. Only God really knows that but here is what I am aware of.

A new era - without my mother. Christmas and New Year was good but different. Christmas Day would have been the day when Mum would have been doing the dinner, organising the presents etc, but that fell to me instead. It was good to toast the day, and remember. My mum loved jigsaws, and she nearly always received one at Christmas from some family member. It was my turn this year - with a jigsaw birthday pressie from my brother!!! Traditions sometimes take a long time to die.

A new energy - I love my job. This year, it could expand, with more visits overseas. Great, 'cos as you already are aware, I love flying!!! I love the team that I work with. We are a bunch of ladies who enjoy each others company. We have a wonderful boss who is a great people person. He is the only male in the team, so I suppose you could consider us his little harem!!

A new objective - my allotment. Having taken on another half a plot, the objective for me to be more organised. Point to self: Must label all seedlings. Last year, my friend and I sowed courgettes, squashes, pumpkins and cucumbers. When they are small they all look the same. When we planted them out and they started growing, we suddenly realised that we had a space problem. Pumkins just take over and spread for miles!!!

A new challenge - I haven't got one yet. I haven't made any new year resolutions. I know better than that. It only sets me up for failure.

So, what is new for you?

No comments: